Thursday, January 28, 2010

coffee break...

I'm just around the corner from being done with Sally Circle. I have cleaned it up and now I love it even more.
The original form of it was sent to 6 publishers. Luckily, there are a lot of other publishers out there. But this time I'm scared to submit...it's like I want to make damn sure that everything is perfect and exactly the way I want it to be.
The thing that's frustrating me is that a lot of publishers don't accept your work unless it comes through an agent. Oh, and then it gets interesting because....agents don't accept picture books!! (the vast majority of the time).
This is kind of a kick in the balls for all of us first time PB writers, isn't it?
Ick. It kind of narrows the field down, anyway.

I haven't heard from some of you in a while. Hope you are all writing up a storm and learning from my mistakes!

1 comments:

eecoburn said...

Dena,

The common wisdom on resubmitting to the same publisher is don't, at least not for a long time (like two years). You especially don't want to do that if they haven't responded to your first submission yet.

Congratulations on your revision of Sally Circle. Check out the interesting discussion on the Blueboards under "How do you know when your MS is ready?"

Post a Comment