Saturday, January 23, 2010

Supportive awesomeness.

Will post later, but I wanted to say thank you to all of you who have given me helpful advice/resources! Next week my goal is to join an official writers group/guild. I've had a few suggested to me, the big one obviously being SCBWI, but joining that is just not in my budget at the moment- although I will join it, eventually. I've been looking for some groups in my area, but the only one I've been able to find that seems to meet regularly is SCBWI related.
I'm getting really excited at the prospect of really learning about all of this- attending conferences, meeting other writers, etc. I honestly feel like a kid on Christmas morning! All of these awesome resources, people and support, and I had no idea it existed! It's so refreshing and nice to talk to other people with similar dreams/aspirations/goals as me. Everyone I've talked to so far has been awesomely supportive and necessarily critical (in a nice way), even though they don't really know me...but the thing is, you guys understand me.
Random thing- I got a critique by a lovely person online who told me that I had a great name for an author! I don't know why, but that made my day!
HA! I'm crazy!
I'll type at you guys later.


0 comments:

Post a Comment