Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Writing hiatus


Look, I'm not going to beat around the . I haven't been writing very much recently. Okay, I haven't been writing at all within the last week and a half. There are a number of reasons for this, in this order:

1)

2) TIME.

3) Laziness

4) Fear

The thing is, I do love to write. The first one is self explanatory. I think the second one is as well. The laziness thing- I don't know. It's like I can't find the gumption/motivation/inspiration/go get 'em attitude required to sit down and write something of value.
The fear is that I won't be able to write anything good when I do write. The fear is that I'll fail no matter how hard I try. The fear is stupid, but I can't help it.

How long have you guys gone without writing?


3 comments:

D said...

HA! Maybe this post was all I needed. Now I'm writing again. I hope this turns out okay.

michelle said...

holy cow, i am scared to answer that question- you might not like me any more!
*long pause*
ok, you know when you did the AMAZING critique for me? Well since I finished the rewrite of that story- I HAVEN'T WRITTEN ANYTHING.
because I like that story, and I am scared that it's the only one I have in me. Even though I intellectually know I have a lot more where that came from, emotionally I am scared!
There, that's the awful truth! Don't despise me!

D said...

LOL Michelle, I know exactly how you feel! And of course I don't despise you. Trust me, a week and a half isn't the longest I've gone!
After I finished my re-write of "Sally Circle" and I was done revising it I was burnt out. It took me about a month before I even wanted to write anything else. It takes a LOT of of you!

Post a Comment