Wednesday, February 03, 2010

anxious

Hi guys

Well, to date I've had "Sally Circle" critiqued by 5 people and now I'm having people tell me they think it's perfect...does that mean it is? I've revised the hell out of it and I'm ready to be done! I also think it's about 100 x better than it was before. Now on to get my cover letter critiqued I suppose.
Tonight I'm going to go out and buy the new edition of the Writer's and Illustrator's Market. I have an old one (like 2006- yep, obviously no good).
I think I'll spend tonight highlighting all the places that would be a perfect match for my manuscript.
The thing is, I sent my original out to 6 publishers and I'm getting so anxious that I have already exhausted all my possible "perfect matches." I just hope there are a lot of good publishers (that accept unsolicted ms) out there that are a perfect match. I'm becoming paranoid because I'm so close. But, even in the worse case scenario, I can always just keep writing and try re-submitting the new and improved "Sally Circle" to those same publishers in a year or so (or more). Crap. Again, this is what this blog is for. Learn from my mistakes.
When you think your manuscript is perfect...it probably isn't. Not yet, anyway.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Dena - GOOD LUCK! You know I love it!

Post a Comment