Monday, August 16, 2010

Back from break.

For those who were wondering (which I'm sure were none of you) I took a week off of writing my book...which was so needed. Last night I sat down for the first time in a week and wrote over 1300 words. This confirms my theory that writers need breaks. I once read this quote that said if you don't write every day, you can't call yourself a writer or something of that nature. I guess, technically, that's true. Last week I was not a writer. But I am now, and I'm loving it all over again and I feel like my writing is better for it.

Over this past week I lost a follower. I can't remember who it was, which sucks, because I can't track them down and demand a reason why they broke up with me. ONE WEEK off is all it took for them to figure out my blog was useless? ....I'm surprised they lasted that long!

Anyway, to everyone else, thanks for sticking around. But be warned: if I have another deserter, I might be forced to quote song lyrics in my grief.



2 comments:

Jonathon Arntson said...

I lose followers all the time. Welcome to the club.

I knew about the break, but I am so glad you're back. Between you, Heather, Marisa and Tina being gone, I have had little friend time these past few weeks :(

No more sulking. Your 1300 needs to be matched. (And beat!)

Alyssa S. said...

Yeah, something must be in the air. I lost one last week too. I've unfollowed blogs where the bloggers sort of just gave up on posting, but other than that, I rarely give up on people :) Hey, everyone needs a break from writing, otherwise you get burned out and then your writing tanks. WOO HOO for 1300 words!

Post a Comment